Re: Help - Personal Oracle & SQL*net on Windows 95

From: Matthew Reagan <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1997/12/01

Nigel,

First, when you install PO7 for Win 95, it will install the SQL*Net adapters for any network protocols it detects. If the PC on which you are installing it does not have TCP/IP loaded, Oracle will not load the TCP/IP adapter.

Second, PO7 for Win 95 is not designed to be a server. You cannot connect to it using SQL*Net for any purpose other than for replication (unless someone has figured out how to do it, and hasn't told me 8^| ).

Matt...

Nigel Backhurst <nigel_at_ietech.demon.co.uk> wrote in article <347E6A48.D5C45449_at_ietech.demon.co.uk>...