retreiving CurrVal in a select statement.

From: Kal Khatib <kal_at_gene.COM>
Date: 1997/12/01

How do you get the current value of a sequence in a select statement; I try;
select CurrVal from some_sequence
I get
ORA-02201: sequence not allowed here

is it possible using the above method? Or is there another way? I'm trying to assign transactions a unique sequence, then pass the assigned sequence to the customer for their reference in the same sesison.

thanks for any help.
Kal. Received on Mon Dec 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST