When-Validate-Item trigger fires twice.

From: Santosh Parmanand <sparmanand.removeit_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/12/01

I have the following problem, any suggestions are welcome.

I have 3 blocks in a form. The first (B1) has only one record, the second and third (B2 and B3) are multi record blocks. All items on b1 are enterable/updateable. On B2 and B3 all items are navigable but only one item is updatable. The business requirement is that when the user mouse-clicks on any record in B2 or B3 the cursor should be placed in the enterable item in the block. This is done by a When-Mouse-Click trigger at block level on B2 and B3.
Some items in B1 have When-Validate-Item triggers which display error messages and Raise Form_Trigger_Failure if item edits are not met. The problem arises when a user enters a invalid value in a B1 item and mouse-clicks on B2 or B3 items.

First, When-Validate-Item on the B1.item fires and displays the error message, then the When-Mouse-Click on B2 or B3 fires and then again When-Validate-Item on B1.Item fires and displays the message again.

The error message is displayed twice!

Suggestions?

Please CC me any postings.

--
sparmanand.removeit_at_msn.com
remove the words removeit from the e-m address