Re: Access 97 and Oracle Database

From: LMLinson <lmlinson_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/30

In article <01bcfc2f$3a754e40$5738a0c6_at_walt-dell>, "Walt Michel" <michel_at_bessemer.com> writes:

>1. What does #Deleted indicate? Can't find it in any of
>the documentation or on-line references.

Generally, using Access as a front-end to a server database, it means that Access has "lost track of the data". A common situation will be that you are doing data entry on a record in a table whose key field is AutoNumber. The AutoNumber field does not get filled until you save (on the server), and it's not passed back to Access, so Access has "lost track" of the key and thinks the data is #Deleted. A workaround is to use a stored procedure on the server to create a new record and pass the key back, so instead of "true" data entry, you are really editing an almost empty copy of an existing record.

I've used Access with other servers, but not Oracle, and they have all exhibited this feature. Received on Sun Nov 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST