updates in sqlplus

From: Mike Baldock <Mike.Balodock_at_hri.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/11/29

Hi

In sqlplus I would like to update 2 fields which are identical in two tables

Simplified
Table Trial has fields id,yr,no,trialid
Table Trialloc has fields id,yr,no,trialid,location

The basis of thses tables are plants in a row of a research trial I want to change the name of the trial where all the locations are like 'A%'

I can easily update the trial name in the table "trialloc"

update trialloc
set trialid='NEWTRIAL"
where location like 'A%'

How can I also update trialid in the table "trial" at the same time? thanks for any help

Mike Baldock

Mike.Balodck_at_hri.ac.uk Received on Sat Nov 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST