Re: Oracle ConText Option

From: Garrett Kaminaga <gkaminag_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/11/29

Raj Vuchatu wrote:
> I am using the Oracle ConText option in an Oracle web based application.
> I am trying
> to store all the text data in a file on my operating system and just
> store the pointer or path name to that file in my database.
> Can any one help me as to how this could be done?

When you create the policy, use a OSFILE type datastore preference. For instance:

ctx_ddl.create_policy('MYPOL','tab.col', dstore_pref=>'CTXSYS.DEFAULT_OSFILE');

interface for indexing and query is identical to direct datastore. refer to doc for full details

Garrett Kaminaga                          Oracle ConText Server Group