URGENT! Question on Native Language Support

From: <Tushar>
Date: 1997/11/28

  1. I have this application developed using X Window System, Release 5, Motif 1.2 on Solaris 2.5. It uses Oracle 7.2 as the database. I have to make changes so that the application will support Traditional Chinese character set. I have been reading up on what changes are required in Motif so that the application code will support native language. And I think I know what I have to do. But has anyone developed a similar system? Are there any example applications I can look at to find out the exact changes I need to make. This is so since I am new to Motif and the Unix env. as well.
  2. On the database side, what changes do I need to make to support native language? Specially with respect to character field lengths? Is there any database design reference available anywhere on this?

Please let me know. You can send me a reply at tushar_at_vrtx.com or tvshah_at_ibm.net.

Regards,
Tushar. Received on Fri Nov 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST