Re: Help!! How do you configure SQL*NET for Personal Oracle 7.2

From: Robert Clevenger <robc_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1997/11/28

>I have installed Personal Oracle 7.2 on Windows 95. Need to access
>this from Borland Delphi via the BDE, which uses SQL*NET. The problem
>is I cannot find out how to configure my SQL*NET to see the Personal
>Oracle 7.2. Everything I have tried has failed.

Actually if you are talking to Personal Oracle 7.2 from Windows 95 you will NOT be using SQL*net, you'll be using the two task driver OR the bequeath adapter. But anyways....

Your choices to connect are as follows:

  1. Run SQL*Net Easy Config. Don't do anything just exit it after you run it. It will create a TNSNAMES.ORA file in your %ORACLE_HOME%\NETWORK\ADMIN directory. Then tell Delphi to connect to the DB named "Beq-Local".

-or-

2) Tell Delphi to connect to the database named "2:"

>Have tried to contact Oracle, but after 5 emails and 2 telephone call
Did you try Oracle Support. I call them quite a bit.

>I am still waiting for an answer, and must have this up and running by
>the weekend, or move to a decent database.

If you can connect with SQL*Plus to the oracle db, and not with Delphi then why don't you rag on borland and say "move to a decent compiler"? SQL*Plus uses the same ways to connect with Oracle as Delphi does.

I hope that this takes care of your problem.

Cheers,

Rob Received on Fri Nov 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST