Re: Moving of OracleWeb

From: Tom Cooke <tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/28

I think I missed something here. You ought really to be running your server in one ORACLE_HOME (e.g. /oracle_server/app/oracle/product/7.3.x) and your client packages in another (e.g. /oracle_client/app/oracle/prod uct/.....) so you can (as the IUG says) upgrade independently. Your best bet is actually to reinstall OWS in a different client filesystem, I suspect. In fact, since WebServer is supposed to be a "three tier tool" we find it best to install the database on one box, and the Web server on a different box altogether. So end user uses their browser to see the OWS HTTP server on box A, which then uses SQL*Net to see the database on box B which contains the OWS packages and your own PL/SQL code.

Hope this helps...

In article <65gq3r$civ_at_news.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>, Gerhard Moeller <Gerhard.Moeller_at_OFFIS.Uni-Oldenburg.de> writes

--
Tom Cooke