Help - Personal Oracle & SQL*net on Windows 95

From: Nigel Backhurst <nigel_at_ietech.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/28

First, my apologies if you have already seen a posting by me on this subject. I made a posting a couple of days ago raising this question, but for some reason it does not seem to have been posted to the newsgroup. So I am posting again from a different account.

I have installed Personal Oracle 7.2 on Windows 95. I need to connect to this from a development environment using BDE, so must go via the SQL*net. The problem I have is that I have been unable to get SQL*net to configure to connect to my Personal Oracle.

I have used the default settings for Personal Oracle, and it is installed on a stand alone Windows 95 system with no network connection.

If anybody can send me the information on how to configure SQL*net I would be most grateful.

Nigel Received on Fri Nov 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST