Moving of OracleWeb

From: Gerhard Moeller <Gerhard.Moeller_at_OFFIS.Uni-Oldenburg.de>
Date: 1997/11/26

Hi,

up to now, we were running Oracle 7.3.2, yesterday, I have installed Oracle 7.3.3. Now I have everything upgraded, except the WebServer (2.1.0.3). As we use OFA, the WebServer is located on

/usr/local/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/ows21

The new Oracle Instance is located (you guessed it) in

/usr/local/app/oracle/product/7.3.3

Now I would like to simply move the ows to the new Oracle 7.3.3 Directory. Is that possible? Or do I have to reinstall the WebServer?

If it is possible, which files do I have to move and can it be moved that orainst knows about the change?

The reason, why it is not so easy to re-install oraweb is, that the DB is running on a remote system, but the installation CDs are at my place. To re-install the software, I had to go to the place where the host is located.

        Thanks, Gerhard. Received on Wed Nov 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST