Re: How do I move a database

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/11/25

Casper Thrane <ct_at_benau.dk> wrote in article <34796D74.1B91844D_at_benau.dk>...

> How do I move a database from a Novell Oracle 7.2 server to a NT Oracle
> 7.3 server? Do I have to use backup?

I doubt that backups will work. Doesn't Novell has its own proprietary file system structure? And it will also be very difficult to get a compatible tape format between NT and Novell. Can NT Backup read raw tapes?

My suggestion is to export the database on Novell. Connect the Novell Server with the NT box using a cross-over cable, fire up ftp and ftp all the exports across to NT. Re-create the database on NT and import the data.

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST