Re: A Successful Commit Returns 'Data Not Saved'

From: Marc Billiet <Marc.Billiet_at_alcatel.be>
Date: 1997/11/25

=AA=FC=B4=F6 Thenardier wrote:
> =

> In a form i have items which Base Table Items properties
> are FALSE. For them I need to manually write a INSERT statement
> to insert new records to a table and then COMMIT (I put those
> codes in the When-Button-Press trigger in a button). Yet after
> a successful COMMIT (from SQLPlus i know so), the form
> display a FRM-##### message saying that no data has been saved.
> =

I haven't used Forms for a long time, but as far as I remember, COMMIT in a Form is in fact the same as COMMIT_FORM. Forms checks if there are changed base-table fields on the form, and if there aren't, it gives the message 'no data has been saved', although a commit is still performed. You can solve this by setting GLOBAL.MESSAGE_LEVEL (I think that's the name) to a higher value to avoid the message, and showing your own message instead (if commit didn't raise an exception). Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST