Re: Oracle + VB + ODBC

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/11/25

Tom Conder wrote:

> I am writing a VB app to accept a login and a password which
> then is used to log onto the Oracle db. We are access the Oracle
> database through ODBC drivers. All of this has been set up.
>
> My problem is this: when the user enters an invalid username
> and password, the Oracle driver pops up and asks for the
> username and password (again). How do I keep this box
> from popping up?
>
> I have tried passing the OpenDatabase() function each of the
> parameters: dbDriverComplete, dbDriverCompleteRequired
> and dbDriverNoPrompt. I experience the same problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Tom Conder

Hi,

we experienced the same problem over a year ago and hadn't the time to search a solution, if one exists at all. We looked for a workaround and now do this:

We use oracle objects for OLE to log the user into db, thus verifying his username and password. After autentification these stored items will then be used in the connect-string for the db-objects. An VB-example how to logon is shipped with oracle-objects for OLE.

--
Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)