Re: adding a column to a table

From: Richard Spee <caecilia_at_pi.net>
Date: 1997/11/23

ALTER TABLE <table name> ADD (<column specification>); example
ALTER TABLE x ADD(y NUMBER(3) NULL);

you can not add not null columns.
you have to add a null columns, give the column a value and modify the column.

ALTER TABLE x MODIFY(y NOT NULL);

Martin Meadows <mmeadows_at_indy.net> wrote in article <3478147A.79D6_at_indy.net>...