A Successful Commit Returns 'Data Not Saved'

From: ªü´ö Thenardier <Thenardier_at_POBoxes.com>
Date: 1997/11/23

In a form i have items which Base Table Items properties are FALSE. For them I need to manually write a INSERT statement to insert new records to a table and then COMMIT (I put those codes in the When-Button-Press trigger in a button). Yet after a successful COMMIT (from SQLPlus i know so), the form display a FRM-##### message saying that no data has been saved.

How can i make it return a data-successfully-commit type of message? Set the Base Table Item to TRUE? Tried. And no use.

It's quite simple (to u), isn't it? What if i want to use the info in the items, do some calculations, and then INSERT them to more than one tables?

Thanx in advance!

Cheers,
Thenard Received on Sun Nov 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST