Re: svrmgl, sqlplus: Very Slow Starting

From: Andy Chan <chanly_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/11/23

Jerry,

One of the possibilities (out of many others) is HPUX takes a "long" time to start up a process.

For 10.01, if /usr is of type vxfs (i.e. JFS), then you need to apply a HPUX patch for a similar sympton. To verify that is really the root cause, try duplicating your /usr but using traditional "hfs", reboot machine and test out the performance.

Hope this helps.

Andy