Re: Is it possible to pass args. to a sql script

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/22

>I have a sql-script in a file which i execute from sql-plus, but is it
>possible to pass arguments when I execute this script?

>Casper Thrane

If I understand correctly, script A calls script B, and you want A to communicate some parameters to B. If this is true, then it is very easy.

In script define and load the values you want, either via a select or using the DEFINE. In script B, they still exist, so they are known.

DEFINE my_value="A"
@B.SQL ---> B.SQL can reference and use "&my_value" and it will have the value "A", as set in script A.

Dan Received on Sat Nov 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST