Re: Citrix Winframe and Oracle Applications - mixing PROD releases

From: Steven Toth <steve_at_toth.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/22

>Winframe performance is very good. So far I have found it to be faster
 than
>Smart Client directly loaded on PC's. However the web deployed Smart
>Client is even faster and scheduled for December delivery.

Thanks for that, I'd heard a lot about Winframe - but never spoke to anyone who'd actually used it. What's the pricing like?

>How can you be running both prod 15 and 16 against the same release. You
>always want to have the latest prod release. each one has proven to be
>faster and more stable than the previous releases.

Hmm.... I wonder why he wanted to do that too. I suspect he has multiple databases
with differing versions, that's the only reason I can think off. (grin) Imagine what support
who say... Received on Sat Nov 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST