Re: create table question

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/11/22

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------msAF3A78A899D7726D5B07C67D

drichardson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to Oracle and I need to create a simple table, but when I create
> the table I get an invalid object (I think) error in line 3:
>
> create table SALESOUT (
> 2 Disti CHAR(50),
> 3 Date DATE,
> 4 Period NUMBER,
> 5 Sales Out NUMBER(9,2),
> 6 Bookings NUMBER(9,2),
> );

look at line 3, you are using a reserved word DATE for a column name. line 5, you cant have spaces between words, change to _ line 6, get rid of last comma,

here is what i used based on yours:
create table SALESOUT (

   Disti CHAR(50),
   date_x DATE,
   Period NUMBER,
   Sales_OUT NUMBER(9,2),
  Bookings NUMBER(9,2)
  );

and that works, joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net
(home)

--------------msAF3A78A899D7726D5B07C67D

<encoded_portion_removed>
kjnhgZdnbB99QEl1uLT+SZ5H8ghmkv7vpvO8/kSLtk0=
--------------msAF3A78A899D7726D5B07C67D--