Novice needs help with trigger

From: Mike Edwards <Mike.Edwards2_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/11/21

I get the following error when I attempt to execute an insert to a table, cpy, which has an after insert trigger defined, COMPANY.

ORA-04091: table ORAT.CPY is mutating, trigger/function may not see it
ORA-06512: at "ORAT.COMPANY", line 2
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'ORAT.COMPANY'

It is my understanding that this error would indicate that there is a conflict in multiple processes trying to be performed on the table cpy at the same time. I have removed all other triggers in the database to ensure there are no secondary triggers which conflict.

Any suggestions for performing the following trigger?

CREATE TRIGGER COMPANY
AFTER INSERT
ON CPY
REFERENCING NEW AS NEW
FOR EACH ROW
/* ERwin Builtin */ /* default body for Company */
begin
insert into low_lev_atg(jnl_cpy_cd,low_lev_atg_no,low_lev_atg_ds) values(:new.JNL_CPY_CD,'0000000000','No Account'); end;
/

Thanks
Mike.Edwards2_at_Worldnet.att.net Received on Fri Nov 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST