Re: Migrating Access to Oracle

From: <daveo_at_criticaldata.com>
Date: 1997/11/21

> I know there is a Access Migration wizard that comes with Personal
> Oracle 8, but I had troubles with that program so I am now using PO7
> lite, which doesn't have the wizard. Does anyone know if there is a way
> to migrate Access databases to PO7? Thanks, please cc: to my email.
>
> =Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The Migration wizard is tempermantal but it does work for me. Make sure that when you perform the migration, the Access DB is closed. I have used it several times and it takes care of all renaming and other issues.

Good luck,
David A. Owens --> http://www.criticaldata.com <daveo_at_criticaldata.com>