Re: ORacle error

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/11/21

Alex penkrat <Apenkrat_at_WTGI.COM> wrote in article <3470C731.279C_at_WTGI.COM>...
> We have a view on an oracle server that references a table through a
> synonym that is on a remote server. the synonym is private for the
> schema owner the view is located in. If I am not hte schema owner i get
> this error message each time and the query never completes. Does anyone
> have any ideas.
> Message 4052: ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found

It sounds like the database link for the remote database is private and not public - thus only the schema/user that owns that database link can use it. Drop the database link and re-create it as public and see if it works.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Nov 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST