More DBWRs Versus Asynchronous I/O

From: Duedaw <duedaw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/20

Dear All,
We are currently running an Oracle 7.0.16 DB on a Solaris 2.3 server. We have only one DBWR running, but we have the option of Asynchronous I/O. My question is whether anyone knows how I could test the effectiveness between having more DBWRs versus employing the Asynch I/O. Where do I look to find the statistics to determine which approach would be more effective?
Thanks Received on Thu Nov 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST