16-bit connection to local DB on NT

From: <andreaskunst_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 1997/11/19

I've got the following situation:

Server: NT 4.0, Oracle7.3 Server up and running +

                Oracle Client 32-bit up and running

Client: NT 4.0, Oracle Client 32-bit up and running +
                Oracle Client 16-bit up and running

(I need the 16-bit clients for compatibility reasons)

The Problem is now, that I wanted to install the 16-bit client on the Server too. But this one just won't work! The TNSNAMES.ORA looks just the same as the one on the client-PC (the 16-bit version in the ORAWIN subdirectory). The tnsping keeps saying 'TNS-12541 No Listener' I tried the tcp-loopback but it won't work either!

Could somebody please help me out of this!

Thanks
Andreas Received on Wed Nov 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST