Oracle Instances for a new application

From: Jeff Kish <ait_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/11/18

Hello.

Could someone advise me here?

We have a developed application that uses Oracle. We have, of course, no D.B.A.
Now there is a specification for a new application that will use a completely new Oracle database (all new tables).

Our old one used the default instance (ORCL).

We are running the server on NT 3.51

How can I tell

  1. Should I create a new instance for this new database? (How do I know it is appropriate given my current application/database/machine/server)
  2. If so, how should I determine the parameters and more basically
  3. How do I create a new instance?

Thanks, Jeff Kish Received on Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST