Re: beginner's OCI question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/11/14

the files cdemo[1-5].c in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo are mostly the v7 and before OCI examples. OCI in v7 and before was a relatively small API consisting of a handful of functions. While v7 OCI is supported fully with v8, they completely rebuilt the OCI api. (so olog, obndrv, etc are the old api)

the examples you are looking for are in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo in the files cdemo??*.c (but not cdemo1, cdemo2... cdemo5.c).

On unix,

$ grep -l OCIInitialize *.c

in the rdbms/demo directory will list them all for you.

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:22:05 -0800, Ginger Wilsbacher <gwilsbacher_at_corp.borland.com> wrote:

>Hi -
>
>I've just started looking at OCI and am confused by then function
>naming. The C samples use oxxx names like olog and obndrv. The
>documentation refers to OCIxxx names like OCILogon and OCIBindByName.
>Why are there two sets of functions, how are they different, etc?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Ginger

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri Nov 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST