Re: ODBC returns exception: illegal column name, why?

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1997/11/14

Warren Burstein wrote:

> I have an application that runs on Windows 95, talks to Oracle via ODBC.
>
> The customer started to get exceptions from CRecordset
> ORA-00904: invalid column name
> He insists he hasn't deleted any columns from the database. What could
> cause this?
>
> He also sometimes gets, when opening a database source
> Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed
> Driver not capable
> ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
>
> It would, of course, be helpful if I would be told the name of the invalid
> column or the connect option
> that failed, or what it is that the driver is not capable of ...
> --
> The entire world is a very strange carrot
> but the farmer is not worried at all

Hi,

causes:

1.

- from-clause doesn't contain all tables or views needed
- misspelled column name
- table (temporary one?) is deleted or not yet created

2.
- the orawin95\bin - folder isn't part of the path-variable anymore (due to memory handling probs of win95)

        restarting win95 should resolve error.

--
Regards

Matthias Gresz    :-)