Why can't I use a INput parameter to make a update ?

From: Jordi Bellver <jbellver_at_ipgrup.com>
Date: 1997/11/13

    Hi to everybody !

    First of all, sorry for my poor level of english ! :(

    Second...

    Working with PL/SQL 1.3.3 under Oracle7, when in a procedure I receive some parameters (IN parameters), I can't use them to make a insert nor update:

    Imagine that profes is a parameter, then

  UPDATE usuari u

     SET u.profes = profes
   WHERE u.nomrec = nomrec;

    dosn't function, but

 cadena char(30);

begin

cadena:=profes;

  UPDATE usuari u

     SET u.profes = cadena
   WHERE u.nomrec = nomrec;

works correctly !! Why ??

    thank's in advance !

bye Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST