WRAP Utility

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.medplus.com>
Date: 1997/11/13

Does anyone know where Oracle hides the documentation for the WRAP utility? I have looked in the Server Administrators Guide, the Application Developers Guide, the PL/SQL User's Guide, the Server Utilities Guide and the on-line help file. The word WRAP doesn't even appear in the index of any of these.

I have also tried running WRAP with no arguments as well as the following: ?, -?, /?, help, -help, /help, help=y, -help=y, /help=y. I even tried it with the name of a file I want to wrap as well as with the name of the file to wrap and the name of an output file. All I get is the descriptive error Couldn't Process Command Line Arguments.

I can't believe that Oracle would 'provide' you with a tool then supply no documentation on it, as well as make it so non-intuitive and downright frustrating to try and use. I've seen better stuff from Microsoft.

--
Mark Wagoner
mwagoner_at_no.spam.medplus.com

To reply, remove no.spam from my mail address.