Re: Invoking a program from a stored procedure..

From: Gary SMITH <Gary.Smith_at_cern.ch>
Date: 1997/11/12

Iran,

I've not tried this but I have heard that the only way is to create a public pipe in
Oracle that the stored procedure writes to. On the other end of this a Pro*C/C++
program would wait on the pipe (via a PL/SQL block) for commands. Once received it could use a system call to execute the application you want.

Regards
Gary Smith

--
Gary Smith