How to access Oracle8 via WWW

From: <heunemann_at_janet.de>
Date: 1997/11/11

Hello,

I'm new to Oracle and have to develop an Oracle-project where I have to generate some statistics which should be accessible via WWW. The project is going to be located on an NT-Server with Oracle8 and probably IIS.
My question is the following:
What possibilities do I have to generate the necessary HTML-Code
(Must be generated on the fly, since the Database changes continually)
and what do I have to install for that
I should also be possible to let the user enter information into the database via a HTML-Form.

I've been searching for a while and think that maybe using PL/SQL is the fastest way to do this, but I do not know if this works and what is necessary for it to work. I've read about the Oracle WebServer, but do not know if I need an extra license for that. Another possiblity I've found is using Perl and DBD:Oracle, but I do not know if this works with NT and IIS either.

I do not mind learning PL/SQL or any other languages (I already know perl), since I'm experienced at programming, but

I would be very grateful for any information and any suggestions how I can solve my problem.

Thank you,
Jens Heunemann

(Sorry for my mediocre english, out of practice)