Re: HELP w/ PL/SQL writing to a flat file.

From: Kelly <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/11/11

I'm really new to Oracle, but, this might help or at least up you in the right direction. You could try to, in your script, spool to a file and then set up the formatting directives in you SQL SELECT statement to write it to the file in the manner you prefer ( padding if needed, date formats...etc). Then at the end of your script spool off.

HTH, Kelly

kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

In article <3467F2F4.3ED66623_at_ix.netcom.com>, djdrew <drew1200_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>I've gone through the documentation in the oracle programmer's reference
>and the O'Reilly books, but I can't seem to get PL/SQL to write to a
>flat file. Can anyone give me actual code that I may be able to use to
>perform this procedure?
>
>Please help. Thanks.
>
>Drew Park

"If you've had half as much fun as me...

    ....Then I've had twice as much fun as you!!"

kgrigg_at_acxiom.com
cayenne_at_cei.net

Visit my Website at: http://www.cei.net/~cayenne/index.html Received on Tue Nov 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST