Help: Webserver PL/SQL Agent Errors

From: Bob Hayden <bob.hayden_at_ljpc.com>
Date: 1997/11/11

Hello,

I am trying to write database procedures that interface with the Oracle WebServer ver 2.1 PL/SQL Agent. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a descriptive message when the procedure compiles without errors but then fails to execute. I find the few lines in the owa_default_service.err file less than helpful. It always seems to say:
"object <procedure name> is invalid and cannot be described" and references another procedure SYS.DBMS_DESCRIBE

Ideally, the exact error would be displayed on the web page (instead of the default generic error message)

Also, what is the typical interface that is used to design these web procedures? I just type them in a text editor and paste into SQL*Plus, which works OK, unless I make errors, which I do a lot since I am used to coding with very descriptive C compilers :)

-Bob Received on Tue Nov 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST