Re: JDBC and Oracle connection

From: Terje A Bergesen <terjeber_at_eunet.no>
Date: 1997/11/10

Malcolm Sparks wrote:

[...]
> First, don't use the OCI driver unless you have SQL*Net installed.
> Eg. Don't use "jdbc:oracle:oci7....".
> Use the thin driver instead.
> Eg. "jdbc:oracle:thin..."

[...]
> Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
> ("jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger_at_host:1521:DB");

I have tried this, and it doesn't work either. What I get when I do this is an SQLException saying that the connection is reset by peer, and after that I can't get anything working, not even sqlplus works anymore...

It looks like I am going to have to talk a bit with my DB admin here...

- Terje A. Bergesen               | The UNIX Guru's View of Sex:       -
- Say NO to inferior  technology. | # unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; -
- Say NO to MS Internet Explorer. | mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;        -
- Say NO to MS Visual J++         | umount; sleep                      -