NT OS Authentication

From: Robert Edgar <robedgar_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/11/08

We have set up 7.3 and NT to let our users use OS Authentication to avoid having to log in twice... nad it works .... well sort of..............

 It appears that to b eable to log in we need to map a drive on to the server machine and have that drive active . ie it appears you must be "logged on " to the server (rather than just the domain) in order for OS Authentication to work. Example I log in to NT on my work station then run srvmgr as connect / @xxxx and it comes back "invalid password" ... open file manager click on a drive mapped to the server switch back to srvmgr type the same connect string and ....... you are connected!!!

Is this a requirement of OS Authentication (that you need to map a drive to the machine and be logged on to it???)

Rob Received on Sat Nov 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST