Oracle ODBC "legacy" drivers -- clear up confusion?

From: CyberSaurn <cybersaurn_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/08

I find myself in a situation where there is a "legacy" Oracle driver on a  central LAN. Don't know the history of it (involved parties moved to greener  pastures), where it came from, what brand of driver, etc. I'm trying to  install it on additional LAN client workstations and am getting the infamous  missing ODBC.INF. Can't find any ODBC.INF files lurking about on said LAN that  seem compatible with it. But the driver has previously been installed for  other of these clients under NT and it works fine connecting to Access 2.0 and  Oracle 7.2.3.

The driver is sqora73n.dll. From the workstation configurations on which it  runs, my guess is it is a 16-bit driver for Oracle 7.3, using TCP/IP (but  works with Oracle 7.2.3?), but I don't know if it is Oracle's own driver, or  an Intersolv driver or the latest from Joe's Bargain ODBC Drivers....

Anyone (a) know what driver we have here?
(b) where I can get a compatable ODBC.INF (or rig one)?
(c) how they installed it without the INF in the first place (assuming they did

Just trying to make some sense out of ".DLLHell"... Any info much appreciated.  Thanks in advance! Received on Sat Nov 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST