Re: get parameter from unix shell pgm

From: Leonard F. Clark <leonard_at_lf-clark.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/08

For several command line options of the type

        <executable> -a <a_option> -b <b_option> ...

in Bourne and Korn shells it is neater to use getopt. You use this in a loop and it feeds values through the environment variables OPTARG and OPTIND.

See if you can find something on this. (I could dig up an example if you need one, I'm sure.)

Len