Cannot Create Oracle Database on Novell

From: <patrick_faloney_at_fmc.com>
Date: 1997/11/07

We recently installed Oracle 7 (Version 7.3) Workgroup Server on our Novell 4.11 server and I have been assigned to be the Developer/DBA for a data warehousing system. When I went in to create a new database in Service Manager 2.3.2, I get the following error: install has not even been able to get to the create DB.

    ORA 3121 No interface driver connected function not performed.

While looking in the Getting Started for Netware manual it state that it assume the DBA is working from the Netware Console. Is there any way to do create a database without being at the console. I can access the starter database without any problem. The machine I work on is a Windows 95 and I have installed all the workgroup and Enterprise Manager software for 95 on my PC (except for the Snap on).

Thank you in advance

Patrick K. Faloney
Systems Analyst
FMC - MHSD