Re: Handling special characters ($,{,}) with DAO and ODBC

From: Joe <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: 1997/11/07

"Brent Langdon" <blangdon_at_sequeltech.com> writes:

> I have a VB4 application that communicates with a Oracle database using DAO
> 3.0 and ODBC. I get an invalid syntax error when my stored procedure
> parameters contain any of the three characters $, {, or }. What do I need
> to do to pass these through to Oracle?

Good old snOracle! I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now.

> Here is an example of my stored procedure syntax:
> "{call SP_AddEmployee(0,'a}a','a','a','a','',100, NULL)}"
> note: the first parameter is 'a}a'

> This generates a syntax error message.

Can you use a different ODBC driver? Intersolv makes a number of drivers, which may or may not be similarly broken.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:joe_at_bftsi0.gate.net> Spam is irrelevant. Assimilate this:
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/index.txt> Microsoft's master patch list