Handling special characters ($,{,}) with DAO and ODBC

From: Brent Langdon <blangdon_at_sequeltech.com>
Date: 1997/11/07

I have a VB4 application that communicates with a Oracle database using DAO 3.0 and ODBC. I get an invalid syntax error when my stored procedure parameters contain any of the three characters $, {, or }. What do I need to do to pass these through to Oracle?

Here is an example of my stored procedure syntax: "{call SP_AddEmployee(0,'a}a','a','a','a','',100, NULL)}" note: the first parameter is 'a}a'

This generates a syntax error message.

To execute this command I am using the following syntax: db.OpenRecordset sSQL, dbOpenSnapshot, dbSQLPassThrough I currently have Oracle's ODBC driver 2.00.0301.

If you have any tips, please send them my way!

Thanks,
Brent Langdon
blangdon_at_sequeltech.com | Sequel Technology Software Engineer | http://www.sequeltech.com Received on Fri Nov 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST