Is "the" a new reserved word in Oracle?

From: Casper Thrane <ct_at_benau.dk>
Date: 1997/11/06

Hi!

I have installed Oracle8 in my company and now I am having some weird problems. If I define a cursor which looks like this:

cursor cur_temp is
select the.test from test the;

I get the following error message:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "." when expecting one of the following
(

But if I change the "the"-word with "hello" it works fine. Is "the" a new reserved word in Oracle 8?

--
Casper Thrane
Systemdeveloper