Re: Visual Basic SQL Access

From: DerWoud <derwoud_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/11/06

You do have to log onto the server first, at least the way I have done this to date. I learn quickly from example so rather than spew some code I'll point you to a few working applications that you should have access to and that I have used in the past to learn from: Look in you Orwin95 or OrwinNT dir and browse to the sample MAK files that Oracle provides. I can't remember the exact dir. There is some excellent code there for connecting to an Oracle DB. I believe that there are 4 different little apps that are very specific in their function. If you want to take a look at a more robust app that has ODBC connectivity then look at the VB/samples/VisData/VisData.VBP app that comes with VB4 and 5. You could get a good start on how to handle ODBC through VB from all this.
Hope that this helps,
DerWoud
derwoud_at_bellsouth.net