Table Auditing

From: Lisa Lewis <lmg_at_isdsa.pgh.wec.com>
Date: 1997/11/05

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to do auditing. We need to keep track of very detailed auditing information. We need to know who made the change, when they made it, the column that was updated, deleted, or inserted. We also need to keep track of the old value of the field that was changed. Right now the thought is to create 2 auditing tables for every table we want to audit. One would be an exact replica of the table that is being audited ( a delete audit table ). Every time a record is deleted from the audited table, the record would be inserted into this 'delete audit table'. The other audit table would be a 'update audit table' that would record updates to the audited table. Triggers would then be set up to populate these auditing tables. This is all just a rough idea at this point.

Lisa Received on Wed Nov 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST