Partition view not working - help!

From: Bruce Bristol <bbristol_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/11/05

I've set up a partition view on 7 tables. However, when I do an explain plan, it says it's hitting all 7 tables.

I spoke to Oracle about this and they said that partition views only work on simple queries, when the where clause only contains the column on which the partition view is based.

Anyone have info other than this?

My primary key consists of 7 columns, the 5th of which is a date. I'm creating the constaint on the date column.

My select is

    select * from my_partition_view
    where a=var1, b=var2, c=var3, d=var4, e=a date, f=var6, g=var7;

Is what the Oracle rep said true, or was she mistaken?

Anyone using multiple-column where clauses with partition views?

Thank you!

-Bruce Received on Wed Nov 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST