Record skipping problem

From: Mark Wintle <MWintle_at_gti.net>
Date: 1997/11/05

From: Yeditha,Srinivas (Meher)
Subject: Newsgroup question
Date: Wednesday, November 05, 1997 12:01PM

We are running Accell 2.5 (a 4GL by Unify) applications on an Oracle database (version 7.1.6). We have a problem of records not getting selected with a simple 'select' statement in the Accell program (for example, we expect 100 records to get selected but find that it picked up only 40 or 50 or 60....), and this is not happening consistently. We call this a typical 'Record skipping problem'. This is happening on our client's system where all the time around 60 users are on the system running various Accell applications. This is on HP-UX B. 10.01 B 9000.

I think that if there is record locking contention, then select should at least get the dirty read (not just some out of what we expect). Any ideas? Is there any configuration/environment setting that may have an impact on the select?

Thanks in advance for the help. Received on Wed Nov 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST