HELP! How to transfer BLOB's from DB1 to DB2 ?!!

From: Thomas Vyskocil <thomas.vyskocil_at_hmi.ch>
Date: 1997/11/05

Hi!

I'm trying to write a simple programm in pl/sql which transfers image BLOB's from one DB to another. HOW CAN I DO THAT??
The images are of type ordsys.ordimgb,
which is supported in the data image cartridge coming with Oracle8.

Is it possible to do this simply by selecting and inserting the images using a database link?
(of course, for the selection and insertion I use the correspondent methods).
I can't compile the statements with the database link!!

Any help or hints for correspondent documentation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

        T. Vyskocil Received on Wed Nov 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST