Re: Exporting Oracle DB Question

From: Tanasescu iosif <iositan_at_sprint.ca>
Date: 1997/11/04

You could export the databases, using the standard exp7x.exe utility, selecting what you want. To create the script file for recreating any objects you want, you could run against the dump file obtained by export utility, the imp7x.exe utility, using a command line like:

    >imp7x user/pass_at_connect_string parfile=impfile.txt

  where
  impfile.txt like:

  full=y
  file=name_of_dumpfile.dmp
  log=this_will_be_your_the_script_file
  show=y
  rows=n

  Now you must have in [this_will_be_your_the_script_file] all the deffinitions regading your database.

The data itself are controlled by parameter rows={Y|N} ( see your doccumentation ).

Regards

Iosif Tanasescu
DBA - MEI Mtl.

Michael R. Burke <mike.burke_at_born.com> wrote in article <3457d900.3623159_at_news.mr.net>...