Tables accross databases

From: cpark01 <cpark01_at_users.jaxnet.com>
Date: 1997/11/04

Subject: Tables accross databases
Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle

Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle

I am attempting to set up two databases in such a way that I can make a select statement in one refering to the table in the other without refering to the schema

IE

I have a database called SYSTEM and one called GROUP. In the SYSTEM database I have the table TERMINALS. In the GROUP database I have a table called USERS.

If I log into the GROUP database I want to be able to use a statement like this:

SELECT user_social FROM USERS WHERE user_name IN (SELECT user_name FROM TERMINALS WHERE terminal_id LIKE 'A%');

I really want to avoid having to use the schema (SYSTEM.TERMINALS) in order to reference the TERMINALS table.

Thanks for the help,
Chris Park Received on Tue Nov 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST