Inserting long data

From: David P. Baker <david_at_starmedia.com>
Date: 1997/11/03

Hi. We're running into a problem that must have been solved already: we're trying to insert data into a LONG column, and we're getting "ORA-01704: string literal too long". According to the book, a string literal can have no more than 2,000 characters.

Is there any way to get around this, except by splitting up the string and concatenating the (< 2,000 chars) pieces?

Thanks.

--
David P. Baker
Director of Engineering                                   Voice: 203.698.0777